The Self Care Journey Begins!
Started the morning with an amazing overnight oatmeal that came out yummy:-)
Here is the recipe I used…
- 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
- 1/4 cup diced ripe banana, or enough to fill jar (approx. half of a small banana)
In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cocoa powder and honey. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add bananas and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.
Nutritional Info: 245 calories, 5g fat, 56g carbs, 10g fiber, 13g protein
Wait until you see what I made for lunch!!